We’ve all heard the saying, “breakfast is the most important meal of the day”. Eating a healthy breakfast can be incredibly beneficial when it comes to losing weight. According to the Mayo Clinic, breakfast can help reduce your hunger throughout the day, it can lead you to make healthy choices throughout your day and even provide you with more energy during the day.
However, as the Mayo Clinic points out, more research is needed to link breakfast to weight management truly. For the time being, there is slightly contradictory evidence, leading experts in the industry to have differing opinions on the benefits of breakfast. One thing that is agreed upon unanimously is that your breakfast should be healthy and full of nutritious foods.
Below we’ll discuss some of the healthiest breakfast foods you can add to your morning routine. When it comes to healthy breakfast food, we will focus on three categories: Proteins, Fruits & Veggies, and Drinks. Let’s dive right in!
Here are some of the best breakfast proteins:
- Eggs: As one of the most common breakfast protein sources, Eggs are a great way to start your day! Studies have shown that having eggs in the morning can help you remain fuller throughout your day and even help keep your blood sugar and insulin levels steady. Last but not least, eggs are full of protein, making them the staple of a healthy breakfast.
- Greek Yogurt: Another staple of healthy breakfasts, Greek Yogurt is one of the best sources of protein for your mornings. As protein has been linked to keeping people satiated for longer, it’s a great addition to any breakfast. When it comes to weight loss and management, Greek Yogurt can be super beneficial because it speeds up the metabolic process, increases your hormones that promote feelings of fullness, and can even increase fat loss!
- Seitan: For vegetarians and vegans, Seitan can be a fantastic meat alternative to spice up your breakfast. Made of mostly wheat gluten, Seitan is a highly nutritious food; one serving of Seitan can contain around 20 grams of protein! On top of those benefits, Seitan is very low in carbs and fat, making it an excellent choice for a weight loss breakfast.
Breakfast Fruits & Veggies
These are our favorite breakfast fruits & veggies:
- Berries: Packed with antioxidants, berries are a fantastic addition to any breakfast meal. Surprisingly, berries are high in fiber and lower in sugar than most other fruits. In fact, berries can be super healthy for your heart and even help you age better! Try adding some berries to your next breakfast. You won’t regret it.
- Melon: Another great addition to any breakfast is Melon, particularly cantaloupe of honeydew. Since melons aren’t overly high in sugar, you can eat a ton of volume without having too much sugar. Additionally, because melons are high in vitamin C, they will keep you feeling refreshed throughout the day!
- Kiwi: Looking for nutrients? Kiwi is your answer! Packed with vitamin C, vitamin K, and potassium, Kiwi is an incredible addition to any breakfast. That’s not all. Kiwi’s are also super high in antioxidants and fiber, adding to the various health benefits of eating Kiwi. The next time you’re cutting up some fruit for breakfast, make sure you include some Kiwi!
Here are the healthiest drinks for your breakfast:
- Black Coffee: While most people just associate coffee with a caffeine boost, it can actually provide incredible health benefits when consumed in moderation. For example, black coffee has been linked to Alzheimer’s prevention, lowering cancer risk and even managing risks of type 2 diabetes. Remember, these benefits can be experienced when black coffee is consumed in moderation.
- Black Tea: As one of the healthiest possible breakfast drinks, Black Tea has incredible health benefits. As a caffeine alternative, Black Tea also contains other nutritional values, such as proteins, potassium, and amino acids. Additionally, Black Tea can help with cancer prevention, cardiovascular health, and provide benefits to your immune system. If you’re searching for a replacement for your coffee, look no further than Black Tea.
- Green Tea: Green Tea is considered one of the world’s healthiest drinks. As a zero-calorie drink that’s full of antioxidants, there’s no question Green Tea should be featured at your next breakfast. Additionally, Green Tea contains anti-inflammatory and anti-carcinogenic effects, helping increase the prevention of cancer, type 2 diabetes, and heart disease.
The Spatz3 Adjustable Gastric Balloon
When it comes to losing weight in conjunction with your weight loss balloon, these breakfast foods are a great place to start. By working with your balloon to develop healthy eating habits, you’ll be able to continuously build on your weight loss success long after your balloon is removed.
With these healthy breakfast foods, you’ll be on your way to looking and feeling better than ever before! If dieting hasn’t worked for you, the Spatz3 Adjustable Balloon system is the perfect tool for reaching your weight loss goals. Take the first step towards a healthier life and sign up to receive more information to determine if you qualify for the Spatz3.