Cardio workouts are incredible for meeting your weight loss goals. Cardiovascular exercises raise your heart rate, which leads to increased fat burn, ultimately resulting in losing more weight. According to the Mayo Clinic, one should be exerting 300 minutes of moderate physical activity each week; cardio workouts are a fantastic way to reach this goal!
Below we’ll discuss a few different exercises that you can introduce into your daily routine to help you reach your desired body weight. However, remember that you’ll see the best results if you remain consistent with your workout routine. Let’s dive right in!
Cardio Workouts For Weight Loss:
First and foremost, low-intensity cardio workouts are a great place to start, especially if you’re new to exercising. If you haven’t started building an active lifestyle just yet, check out our blog series Exercises For My Gastric Balloon >>> https://spatzmedical.com/exercises-for-my-gastric-balloon-part-1-cardio/
Low-intensity cardio workouts can be anything like jogging, power walking, riding a bicycle, swimming, and even aerobic exercises. Your starting goal should be to practice low-intensity cardio workouts for 60 minutes each day, 5 days a week. Once you’ve established a routine, you can begin to challenge yourself with increasing your workout intensity. Here are a few more moderately intense cardio exercises:
Jumping rope is an excellent cardio workout, potentially burning up to 1,300 calories per hour! Even more so, jump rope also helps improve one’s coordination and brain function. There are a few different routines when it comes to jumping rope, but here’s our favorite:
- Start by warming up with 10 jumps, trying to get a good feel for the activity
- Now that you’re warmed up, try jumping for one and a half minutes continuously
- Rest for a short period, around 30 seconds or more if needed
- Repeat the routine 3 times to complete 3 sets
Now, it’s time for you to get jumping!
There are only a few workouts that stimulate as many muscles as you do when practicing Burpees. By combining jumps, squats, and push-ups, this exercise targets your core, legs, and chest, resulting in a fat-burning workout for your entire body. Here’s a quick run-through on how to perform a Burpee:
- Begin by standing in squat position with your feet shoulder-length apart
- Drop your hands to the floor so that they fall right in between your feet
- Now, keeping your weight in your hands, jump your feet back so you are in push-up position
- Maintaining a straight body, perform one push-up
- Jump your feet back in between your hands
- Stand up, reaching your arms above your head, and do one quick jump while landing with your knees bent, resulting with you back in starting position
- Once having returned to starting position, start your next rep with a squat
While Burpees may be a difficult exercise, the results are worth all your effort!
If you’re looking to raise the bar, HIIT workouts are perfect for you. As a more intense cardio workout, HIIT training focuses on combining different bursts of energy to raise your heart-rate, with short periods of rest in between. Having gained tons of popularity over the last few years, this workout will lead to calorie burn and fat burn for hours after you workout. Here’s one of our favorite HIIT routines:
- Start with 45 seconds of Jump Squats, followed by a 15 second rest
- Then, perform mountain climbers for 45 seconds, followed by 15 seconds of rest
- Lastly, shoot for 45 seconds of burpees, followed by a 15 second break
- Repeat the set for 10 – 20 minutes, depending on what your body can handle
You can always mix and match the different exercises involved in the set, the important part being that you perform each one with only a short break in between.
The Spatz3 Weight Loss Solution:
Using these cardio exercises, we hope to help you on your path to leading a more active and healthy lifestyle. If dieting and exercise has been difficult for you in the past, take things one step at a time; by slowly building upon your success, you’ll be better positioned to maintain your activity levels long into the future.
Another option to reach your weight loss goals is by using the Spatz3 Adjustable Gastric Balloon. As the leading weight loss balloon, the Spatz3 will help you lose weight and develop healthy eating habits along the way.
Boasting the highest weight loss results and the best overall success rates, the Spatz3 is the most effective way to drop your excess body weight. With our holistic approach to long-term weight loss, we ensure you are developing various methods to maintain your results long after your balloon is removed.