Reading Time: 2 minutes
- Fast from midnight before the procedure: For those having their implantation procedures in the afternoon, it may be difficult to fast from midnight the night before until the afternoon – so they can have clear liquids in the morning and fast for 6 hours before the procedure.
- Get a good night’s sleep: sleep is always beneficial, so get some good shuteye the night before the implantation.
- Arrange for someone to escort you home post-procedure: The procedure itself takes 15 minutes and you should be on your way home with the help of an escort within an hour after the procedure. Your escort will drive -you may not drive.
- Lean on family and friends for support: Use the support of your friends and family, especially during the first few day’s post balloon procedure. You may need to arrange help for child-care for 4-5 days, as you will feel weak and may have difficulty handling kids.
- Take off 4-5 days of work post-procedure: Give yourself time to rest post-procedure. On average, 4-5 days is the amount of time to take off- some people may need 6-7 days and others may need only 1-2 days.
- Be in touch with your doctor and clinic: Please be in contact with your doctor/clinic whenever you have a question or are in need of support
- Enter the Spatz balloon treatment with the correct attitude: Remember that this is a proven program whose success depends on the balloon, dietician follow-up, clinic support and your cooperation. It is a partnership; when all do their part, the chance of success increases dramatically. The Spatz balloon has the highest success rates of all intragastric balloons (84%, compared with 25%-46% with other balloons), and you can be successful. Success is not just weight loss, but a change in eating habits, lifestyle and attitude towards food. You can achieve this when we all work together.