As you may know, high blood pressure is a condition that has been on the rise in recent years. In fact, an estimated 1.56 billion people worldwide suffer from high blood pressure, leaving them more susceptible to heart diseases, kidney disorders, and diabetes. Those with high blood pressure have coincided with a rise in worldwide obesity, pointing to a definitive correlation between the two. Ultimately, it’s harder to lose weight when suffering from Hypertension, making it that much more difficult to achieve success with your weight loss solution.
Obesity is one of the main causes of Hypertension; according to the Framingham Heart Study, around 78% of Hypertension in men and 65% in women can be linked to obesity. Even more so, your Body Mass Index is directly linked to high blood pressure as well, being that higher BMI results in Hypertension. The list goes on and on, as high blood pressure is linked to increased abdominal fat. So, if high blood pressure is linked to several unhealthy situations, what can we do about it?
Here are a few ways to control your blood pressure without medication:
- While it may seem obvious, weight loss helps lower your blood pressure. Specifically, losing weight along your waistline can significantly reduce your blood pressure.
- Transitioning to a healthier diet is another great way to lower your blood pressure. Foods like whole grains, vegetables, fruits, and non-fat dairy products are all great for trying to reduce blood pressure.
- Cutting out sodium from your diet can be another catalyst for lowering blood pressure. As a significant contributor to Hypertension, lowering your sodium intake can have incredible effects on your health.
- By limiting the amount of alcohol, you can lower your blood pressure. Try drinking in moderation, one drink a day for women and two a day for men, and you have the potential to lower your blood pressure.
- Finally, reducing your stress levels can have a phenomenal effect on lowering your blood pressure. By taking more time out of your day to focus on yourself and do things that you love, you can reduce your overall stress and drastically increase your health in the process.
High Blood Pressure and the Spatz3 Weight Loss Balloon
At Spatz Medical, we pride ourselves on the holistic approach we take towards weight loss. While our Adjustable Gastric Balloon provides the highest weight loss results in the industry, a team effort is necessary in order to create real change in your lifestyle.
In order to receive the best results from your Spatz3 balloon, you’ll need to take the steps towards developing healthier long term habits. Focussing on the bigger picture and the issues that could potentially be lager than life will give you the ability to transition yourself to a healthier and more active lifestyle.
Ultimately, our goal is to have you feeling better about your body, looking better in your body, and more prepared to take on challenges with your weight long after your balloon is removed.
By working together with your balloon, your doctor, and your dietician, you can be on your way to reaching your weight loss goals!