Do any of these symptoms sound familiar?
- You feel moody, depressed, or irritable.
- Bloating, indigestion, acid reflux, gas, stomach pain, constipation, or other digestive issues are a regular part of your week.
- You often crave junk food after around 3:00 PM.
- You are frequently constipated.
- You are being treated by a doctor or you are treating yourself for skin problems like itchy or blotchy skin, acne, eczema, rosacea or psoriasis.
- You have food intolerances and have to avoid certain foods completely. Common food intolerances include dairy, wheat, gluten, tree nuts and eggs.
- You often want to nap after a meal or around 3 or 4 PM.
- You rarely feel wake up feeling fully rested and ready for the day.
- You frequently eat processed foods with long shelf-lives.
- You have achy joints and muscles.
If these are things with which you struggle on a regular basis, it’s a pretty good indication that you are taking in toxins from your environment and from the foods you eat faster than your body can eliminate them.
Proponents say that doing a proper detox offers many benefits, including dramatically reducing junk food cravings, reducing inflammation and increasing the proportion of good gut bacteria. Most trustworthy detox diets range from 24 hours to a week. Some are juice-based. Some are water-based. Some include simple basic healthy foods like brown rice and miso soup.
If you decide to undertake a short term detox, do your homework and follow a plan that has been tested and offers support. A short term detox really can cut your cravings for junk food and sugar but a healthy diet is the best long term solution to regaining maximum health benefits.
Whenever you’re inspired to take control of your health, take a look at the Spatz3 adjustable gastric balloon to see how it can help you meet your personal wellness goals.
Author: Rebeca Espinoza